DIY Honey Lip Balm
Oct 19, 2012 - by Zosia Baroody
Cold weather brings chapped lips. No one wants to smooch on a cracked pout, so its important to keep your lips moisturized and luscious. Weve found an easy DIY recipe for honey lip balm that will prevent your lips from drying. And who can resist kissing on honey sweet lips?
Ingredients: 1-Teaspoon Honey ½-Teaspoon Vitamin E 5-Teaspoons Jojoba Oil 3-Teaspoons Grated Unbleached Beeswax
Need: Double Boiler Lip Balm Jar Teaspoon Measure
- Melt the beeswax and jojoba oil in the top of a double boiler or melting pot.
- Stir the beeswax and oil together and remove from heat when fully mixed.
- Add the honey and Vitamin E. Mix thoroughly so there are no clumps.
- Pour the mixture into your balm jar.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes before covering
* If you cant find a liquid form of Vitamin E, buy the capsules and break them until you have ½ a teaspoon.
** After about a week or so the honey might separate into little beads. If this occurs, rub it back into the balm and apply.