They're the dictators of decorum, the tyrants of taste and the sultans of style, but how do the names above the mastheads and behind the editorials stack up in fashion's game of cards?
1. Anna Dello Russo, Editor-at-Large, Vogue Nippon
Style: "Balls to the Couture Wall"
2. Shala Monroque, Editor-at-Large, Pop
Style: "Hip Gal About Town"
3. Anna Wintour, Editor-in-Chief, Vogue
Style: "Baddest Bitch in the Game"
4. André Leon Talley, Contributing Editor, Vogue
Style: "Great-cape Expectations"
5. Carine Roitfeld, former Editor-in-Chief, Vogue Paris
Style: "Parisian Perfection"
6. Giovanna Battaglia, Fashion Editor, L'Uomo Vogue
Style: "City Sleeker"
7. Hamish Bowles, Editor-at-Large, Vogue
Style: "Dandy Does It"
8. Lauren Santo Domingo, Contributing Editor, Vogue
Style: "New Yorker State of Mind"
9. Glenda Bailey, Editor-in-Chief, Harper's Bazaar
Style: "Tea Time with the Tudors"
10. Stefano Tonchi, Editor-in-Chief, W
Style: "Gentleman's Agreement"